none
settings etc. copy profile after deploying RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows 7 you could use copyprofile=true in the task sequences but in Windows 10 creators update it can be used but it bricks the settings when deployed. Edge not working services starting very slow. A lot of errors in eventviewer of webcache which wants to connect to webcach beneath administrator account and it can;t etc.

So i am forced to not use copyprofile. The problem now is that every registry setting and settings that i make in audit modus of the reference machine are not copied to the new profiles that are created after deploying. So is there another way to copy the profile settings in the reference image for further accounts, there are a lot of settings to do after deploying when copyprofile is not used.

Maybe a script or batchfile, gpp can be used but thats much more work...

freddie

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 12:56 PM

All replies

• Does nobody experience this problems with copyprofile or know when the problems are solved with copyprofile and Windows 10 1703?

freddie

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:30 AM
  • Would it work to put your custom reg keys into the default profile? If so, here is how you can work around your issue:

Create a batch file with the following content:

reg load "hku\Default" "C:\USers\Default\NTUSER.DAT"
    reg import %~dp0taskbar.reg
    reg unload "hku\default"

Create a reg file (in the example above taskbar.reg) and put it in the same folder as your batch file. Make sure that reg paths in your reg file match the mount path:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce]
    "Logon"="Powershell.exe -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -WindowStyle Hidden -file C:\\temp\\Logon.ps1"

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:19 PM
  • Would it work to put your custom reg keys into the default profile? If so, here is how you can work around your issue:

Create a batch file with the following content:

reg load "hku\Default" "C:\USers\Default\NTUSER.DAT"
    reg import %~dp0taskbar.reg
    reg unload "hku\default"

Create a reg file (in the example above taskbar.reg) and put it in the same folder as your batch file. Make sure that reg paths in your reg file match the mount path:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce]
    "Logon"="Powershell.exe -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -WindowStyle Hidden -file C:\\temp\\Logon.ps1"

Cheers,
    Anton

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Hi,

The reg keys i want to copy are not the only problem. Regkeys i do now after deployment in a batchfile as a application in MDT2013.

What is the problem are all settings in applications and Windows itself, can they be transported to the default?

freddie

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:21 AM
  • I still do not fully understand your issue: you can install applications via MDT and import reg keys as I illustrated above. When a user creates a new profile, he will automatically apply default registry settings from the default profile. There is no reason to install applications using default profile.

Cheers,
    Anton

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:08 AM