none
Custom Reporting Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone! Hoping someone can guide me in the right direction for this.

I'm running MS Project 2016 - Specifically, MS Proj. Online Desktop Client MSO 16. I've created a custom report that I have saved along with the Project file on a local NAS share so others can view the Project plan as well as the report, itself.

However, when a colleague opens the MPP, the custom report that I have created is not available. He is running MS Project 2013 (v15.xxxx).

Let me add that I've opened the Report Organizer below MANAGER from the DESIGN tab and I can see my custom report listed both on the GLOBAL.MPT as well as my project plan.

Does anyone have experience with the sharing of custom reports between versions of Project? I believe I'm definitely missing something, but, not really sure where else to look. Any guidance would be appreciated!

thanks!
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Ksaylor,

Adding it to the global will add it to your global, and won't impact other users ability to access the report.  Did you make sure that you didn't move (as oppose copy) the report from the plan to the global.  I suggest you open the plan and use the organiser to ensure that the report is in the plan, (and if you want to make it available for all of your projects, the global).  

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:27 AM
  • Ben - thanks for the response! 

I have already verified this is the case - My report is available both within the Project as well as the Global. Could this be an issue with versioning between Project Online Desktop client vs. Project 2013? 

Thursday, October 10, 2019 12:48 PM
  • It could be an issue, but I have no way of verifying it; the only compatibility issue I am aware of is to due with dates (project 2013 can only schedule to 2014, project 2016 onwards can schedule to 2149).

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:30 PM