none
Save pop-up on multi-line text field changes in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• I've an annoying bug in Project Server 2010 when editing multiline custom text fields in a PDP: I wrote the value in the field, I click on Save and wait for the process to complete and the I click on another PDP or on another page. At this time, the pop-up that says there are unsaved changes in the page appears asking me if I want to actually Leave or Stay on the page.

Is there any way to avoid this? If the save is actually complete, I expect the pop-up to not appear at all.

Thank you,

Fabrizio.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Javier,

I found out that the problem appears only if you have more than one Project Fields web part on the page. So in my case I put all the fields in one single web part and solved the problem.

Regards,

Fabrizio

• Marked as answer by fb75 Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Fabrizio

I have the same problem, did you find a solution or workaround?

Thanks for your comments.

Javier Perez | VP | Sr. Technical Architect | MCPD:Enterprise, MCPD:Web, MCITP:Database Dev, MCAD, MCTS:SharePoint | Monterrey, Mexico.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Hi Javier,

I found out that the problem appears only if you have more than one Project Fields web part on the page. So in my case I put all the fields in one single web part and solved the problem.

Regards,

Fabrizio

• Marked as answer by fb75 Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Thanks for your comments Fabrizio

Also maybe if you have a custom field that at the begging is single line and the you modified to be Multi-Line. I'm not sure about this... I'm going to test it creating a new field multiline from the begging.

Javier Perez | VP | Sr. Technical Architect | MCPD:Enterprise, MCPD:Web, MCITP:Database Dev, MCAD, MCTS:SharePoint | Monterrey, Mexico.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:12 PM
  • Thanks for the info ,This issue resolved when the multi line text field has revert back to single line field (Original type).
    Monday, August 1, 2016 9:59 AM
  • The work around is to use Editing tool to save and go to next pdp page.

To resolve this issue you can find the recent custom field changed from single line to multi line text field and revert back to single line .

Thanks

Monday, August 1, 2016 10:01 AM