none
MY MICROSOFT EDGE IS CORRUPTED RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft edge is opening and reopening tab after tab after tab until i just have to shut down computer.  I want to uninstall it   but I can't even find it in my list of programs. What can i do to either fix this.
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm that did the issue always occur on Edge browser or just only once?

We can try to reset Edge browser and check if it helps.

Microsoft Edge is still in its early days, and occasionally, problems can arise. If you find that Edge is experiencing slow performance, crashes, or the weird appearance of adware, toolbar, or popups, then you may have to reset Microsoft Edge

How to Reset Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

https://www.howtogeek.com/237527/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, Microsoft Edge is a "trusted" UI App and a core part of the Windows 10 Operating System; it can't be deleted by conventional means, just like Internet Explorer could not be deleted from previous versions of Windows by conventional means.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 7, 2017 5:52 AM
  • Microsoft edge is opening and reopening tab after tab after tab

Sounds like your Ctrl- key and T- key are both stuck on together.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 7, 2017 1:45 PM
    Answerer