Hard disk problems in Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have 3 hard disks in my PC the C and D and E.  C as you would expect has the OS on and the D and E are just data only. 

Switched the PC on the other day turned around to do something and checkkdisk had started to do something on the E drive, finding all sorts of errors so i had no choice but to leave it, now when i switch on it does all the check disk stuff for E drive but when i click the E drive in my computer it says its not formatted, it finds one or two file errors on boot up on the E so i assume it can be read sort of, what is the best way to attempt to recover the data from it ?

Thanks .

Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, please let me know if there is any error code or message received when trying to access the E drive. If so, please provide the detailed content of the error.

You may refer to the following similar thread for this issue:

Vista Scan Disk fixed drive errors , drive is no longer accessable

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 20, 2010 3:20 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:14 AM