Testing Network Controllers deployed via VMM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I deployed VMM TP5 and successfully deployed a gen2 network controller using the service template however when I try to add the NC as a network service after I scan the provider in the wizard it gives me “Is Network Controller :False” (already ticketed the box to import the certificate).

Then I jumped on the VM which was the owner of SouthBoundIPAddress (NC-VM02 in my case) and I could see bunch of critical errors in NetworkController-Framework section which was saying:

“Error during primary loss of service fabric:/NetworkController/FIrewallService on node NC-VM02”

And:

“Could not promote instance of service fabric:/NetworkController/TopologyService on node NC-VM02.lab2016.local to primary”

I rebooted VM02 to force a failover and I got the same error on VM03.

Anyone had a similar experience with NC at all?

Friday, May 20, 2016 12:43 AM

Answers

• For those of you who have a similar issue, answering questions below will solve your problem!

When you deployed the Network Controller template, did it succeed without error the first time or did you have to change anything and restart the job to complete it?

Is time in synch between the VMM server , Network Controllers and Doman Controller?

What did you use for the subject alternative name in the certificate you created, IP address or FQDN?

Is the service account you are using a member of the Network Controller Clients security group you created in AD?

What is the exact connection string you are using?

When you browse to https://<RESTIP-or-FQDN>/networking/v1/servers using IE from the VMM server…

Do you get any certificate errors?

Can you authenticate successfully using the service account?

Do ypu get the JSON file?

Thanks to BrentS :)

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, May 24, 2016 12:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elaine Jing Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:20 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2016 6:37 AM

All replies

• For those of you who have a similar issue, answering questions below will solve your problem!

When you deployed the Network Controller template, did it succeed without error the first time or did you have to change anything and restart the job to complete it?

Is time in synch between the VMM server , Network Controllers and Doman Controller?

What did you use for the subject alternative name in the certificate you created, IP address or FQDN?

Is the service account you are using a member of the Network Controller Clients security group you created in AD?

What is the exact connection string you are using?

When you browse to https://<RESTIP-or-FQDN>/networking/v1/servers using IE from the VMM server…

Do you get any certificate errors?

Can you authenticate successfully using the service account?

Do ypu get the JSON file?

Thanks to BrentS :)

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, May 24, 2016 12:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elaine Jing Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:20 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2016 6:37 AM
  • Hi Sir,

Thanks for your sharing .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Friday, May 20, 2016 9:26 AM