Outlook attachments and MAC Clients RRS feed

• Question

• We have a number of MAC users in our graphics department that connect to Terminal Services/SoftGrid to get email. They need outlook to connect to shared calendars and public folders mainly. When they get an email attachment and try to save it to their data partition on their local machine sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

The typical error is:

"Cannot save the attachment. The parameter is incorrect."

The drive is usually visible to Outlook. We have had instances there we get a device not ready when we try to open the drive, but not very often.

This works perfectly in our "regular" TS environment. Is SoftGrid interfering? Is there something I can edit into the OSD to help?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hello

Have you found any additional information regarding the issue above?  If this is still an issue I'd like to help follow-up so we can find an answer. 

Thanks
    Dan Bernhardt [MSFT]
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:07 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

I have seen this sometimes aswell. Not quite sure what it depends on, but I imagine that it all gives different behaviours depending on what TEMP-folder it uses.
    (system/user and/or local/virtual).

Never really bothered about it, but try playing with the %TEMP% variables and virtualizing less in the profile-directory where temporary files are located.

/Znack
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 11:34 AM