none
How to automatic install applications on MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the 'MDT update 2' for deploying Windows 10 Pro and its applications, but i got a few questions about it. I can install the Win 10 Pro without issues, but i need to manually click the checkbox on every application i use ( Google Chrome, Firefox, Java, Adobe Reader, ... ). Is there a way to let MDT autocheck the boxes and install it himself? It works only on Office 2016 because there is an extra option to do that. I only got .exe files for Google Chrome, Firefox etc... . Also the MDT installs the OS and applications on the administrator account and not on a user account. I want him to install everything on a user account 'Jennifer' or some account that he creates itself and not on the administrator.

Thanks in advance,

Jochen

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:13 AM

All replies

• MDT does not manage application check boxes.  It is up to the MDT administrator to find a way to install an application without any user interaction. Most applications have some switch to allow for this (/quiet, /passive, /qb, etc.).

As far as installing apps under a different username, I have not done it (I have no need to) but this web page mentions a way to do it: http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/524/Running-the-MDT-2013-Update-2-Task-Sequence-as-a-Different-User

Monday, January 16, 2017 8:14 PM
  • MDT does have the ability to check the boxes.  You do this through the customsettings.ini file and the Application GUID's that are in the application folder in MDT.  Navigate to your MDT Workbench, Select Applications and double click an application you want to install.  In the General tab on the bottom you will see "Application GUID:" followed by its identifier.  Use the mouse and highlight the GUID and copy the contents.  Now open up your \\DeploymentShare$\Control\customsettings.ini file and under the [Default] group, on a new line type 

Applications001={Paste the GUID here from your selected application}

You can continue to do this for all of the applications by doing an increment of 1 per application like below: 

Applications002, Applications003 and so on. 

You can also make the application mandatory by specifying 

MandatoryApplications001={GUID}

Jason Santoro A+ Network+

Friday, April 6, 2018 7:55 PM
  • I believe that you misunderstood which checkboxes he was referring to 

Jason Santoro A+ Network+

Friday, April 6, 2018 7:56 PM