Internet Explorer not responding watching video or downloading applications RRS feed

• Question

• This is kind of a long one.

I purchase office 2007 online and downloaded it. It did not download correctly and had to call Microsoft Tech support for help. It turned out that there was a problem with the trial version that came preinstalled on my laptop. The tech support person had to take control of my pc and uninstall the trial version of office 07. He was deleting things very fast and I think he deleted to much. My office 07 works fine now.

I now have a problem when I watch certain types of video online. Websites like Youtube work fine, but every time I try to play a video on Fancast.com my Internet Explorer stops responding. A new window pops up and it asks if I want to restart or check for an online solution. Nothing comes back when I check for an online solution.

Also when the tech support person took control he deleted my Google tool bar and now when I try to download it IE stops responding and I get the same message.

I am using IE 7 with Vista Home Premium. My laptop is two months old and worked awesome before I allowed someone access to my computer.

I have spoken with a tech support person about it and he said it had to be something to do with my antivirus, and basically hung up on me. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still responds the same way.

This has been a very frustrating experience!

Any suggestions would be awesome.
    Thanks

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:24 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:51 AM

All replies

• 1. First take backup of favorites is you have. Launch IE, press ALT button and you will see MENU bar.

Click on FILE tab, and select "import & export", select Export to file -> check "favorites" and click OK -> OK. 

2. Close all IE windows. Go to Control panel->Internet Options and under ADVANCE tab, reset the IE by checking the option "delete personal settings"

3. In Add/remove programs (xp) OR Program features( in vista & 7 ), uninstall the adobe flash player and reinstall the latest version by downloading from adobe.com

4. Add the website "fancast.com" in trusted websites.

5. Make sure the "fancast.com" is not blocked by your Antivirus or blocked in your server.

visit www.onsfix.com for any free help if required

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:15 PM