2010 Outlook Client (64Bit) to Exchange Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 64 bit Win7 machine running OL 2010 64 bit. Everything was working fine for months and then i started to get Proxy Errors - unable to connect to proxy server (error code 8, or 20 or 28). 

My administrator recreated certificates (self signed) and i installed them automatically and manually to various places using certmgr.msc but I always get the same error. It seems we clearly have a certificate error but we cannot figure it out. All XP macines with older versions of OL are working fine. 

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. 

Sunday, December 11, 2011 6:25 PM

Answers

• On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:25:19 +0000, Itchn2go wrote:

>I have a 64 bit Win7 machine running OL 2010 64 bit. Everything was working fine for months and then i started to get Proxy Errors - unable to connect to proxy server (error code 8, or 20 or 28).
    >
    >My administrator recreated certificates (self signed) and i installed them automatically and manually to various places using certmgr.msc but I always get the same error. It seems we clearly have a certificate error but we cannot figure it out. All XP macines with older versions of OL are working fine.
    >
    >Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

As with all things Outlook, start by trying this after creating a new
    profile.

Do you have any problems with browsing from IE? Is IE configured to
    use a proxy? Does your organization use WPAD files? Are you getting
    the correct file?

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:36 AM
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:55 PM

All replies

• On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:25:19 +0000, Itchn2go wrote:

>I have a 64 bit Win7 machine running OL 2010 64 bit. Everything was working fine for months and then i started to get Proxy Errors - unable to connect to proxy server (error code 8, or 20 or 28).
    >
    >My administrator recreated certificates (self signed) and i installed them automatically and manually to various places using certmgr.msc but I always get the same error. It seems we clearly have a certificate error but we cannot figure it out. All XP macines with older versions of OL are working fine.
    >
    >Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

As with all things Outlook, start by trying this after creating a new
    profile.

Do you have any problems with browsing from IE? Is IE configured to
    use a proxy? Does your organization use WPAD files? Are you getting
    the correct file?

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:36 AM