There are too many users logged in (force disconnect screen) RRS feed

• Question

• i have encounter this issue after my server  has been attack by ransomware. May i know how to solve this?

Previously there are no issue on local and remote user connection.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:48 AM

Answers

• Hi ssl Lee,

Thanks for your post.

>i have encounter this issue after my server  has been attack by ransomware. May i know how to solve this?

Firstly, you may need clear the ransomware and make sure your server is under protection.

For the error message "There are too many users logged in (force disconnect screen)"

As far as I know,  a maximum of two administrators may be logged on at any one time, either two logged on remotely, or one local and one remote administrator. This assumes, however, that different accounts are being used to log on. In other words, the same user may not log on locally and remotely simultaneously.

If you need more connections, you must install Remote Desktop Session Host role and purchase Terminal Services Client Access licensing.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mary Dong Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Monday, October 17, 2016 8:28 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi ssl Lee,

Thanks for your post.

>i have encounter this issue after my server  has been attack by ransomware. May i know how to solve this?

Firstly, you may need clear the ransomware and make sure your server is under protection.

For the error message "There are too many users logged in (force disconnect screen)"

As far as I know,  a maximum of two administrators may be logged on at any one time, either two logged on remotely, or one local and one remote administrator. This assumes, however, that different accounts are being used to log on. In other words, the same user may not log on locally and remotely simultaneously.

If you need more connections, you must install Remote Desktop Session Host role and purchase Terminal Services Client Access licensing.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mary Dong Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Monday, October 17, 2016 8:28 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:04 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Mary

Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:24 AM