spoolsv.exe could not authenticate locally by using the target name host/server1 RRS feed

• Question

• I need some help with the following issue. I've been searching forums for several hours with no luck.
    Periodically throughout the day, with no regular timing, the following warning appears on our primary Domain Controller which also hosts print services for our 3 network printers.
    The HP Laserjet 2600N colour printer that we have installed on it recently, in the last week, stopped allowing print jobs to run through the queue unless you restarted the spooler service, it would hang the job with no error.
    There are no other errors related to the spooler service that i've been able to find.

Research that i've done so far suggests that the spooler service is attempting to connect to the domain controller using the host name of server1, which was our DC until 1 month ago when it was decommissioned, but that doesn't make any sense as the print services were installed new one server2, not migrated.

Tried adding SPN HOST/Server1 to Server2 but it removes itself after 5 minutes and the errors repeat themselves.

I did discover that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) was turned on after the last batch of updates installed about 2 weeks ago but haven't had a chance to reboot the server to turn it off and rule it out as the reason for issue.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas on where to look.

Log Name:      System
    Source:        LsaSrv
    Date:          1/4/2012 11:16:45 AM
    Event ID:      6037
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      Server2.DSCPCanada.local
    Description:
    The program spoolsv.exe, with the assigned process ID 8888, could not authenticate locally by using the target name host/Server1. The target name used is not valid. A target name should refer to one of the local computer names, for example, the DNS host name.

Try a different target name.

---------------- "You can run, but you cannot hide. It will find you!"
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 6:57 PM

Answers

• I'd recommend asking this in a windows forum rather than one for Exchange.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:02 PM