none
Windows 10 Print Share Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I have 1 user who has been having the strangest issue with accessing our print share.  The user recently changed job positions.  He originally had a normal user account and a Domain Administrator account. 

Due to the position change, his Administrator account was disabled and now when trying to print or add printers he gets an access denied error 1331.

The printers are usually mapped using a logon VBscript but after a recent Windows update it stopped working for him.  It is only affecting this one user.  If I enable his Admin account it allows him to print but as soon as I disable it, he can't print.  This is confusing me because he is logged on as his normal user account and has never logged on as his Admin account with this laptop.  

I've done a net use to delete all shares and still get the same error.  

Some how his Admin account is controlling his access to the print share.  

Thanks in advance.

Monday, November 13, 2017 12:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Due to the position change, his Administrator account was disabled and now when trying to print or add printers he gets an access denied error 1331.

Was the administrator account you mentioned here is that domain administrator?

If yes, according to your description, I suspect that's because that the normal user account you logged in has no permission to access that printer.

Please confirm if both of these two user accounts have sufficient permission on that printer.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:40 AM