Need help with WBADMIN CLI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am having problems with backups I have created using WBADMIN,  I am trying to do full system backups to a Samba Share.
    I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) when I run the below command from an elevated command prompt the command prompt says it has completed successfully, but when I boot the system using windows recovery environment and specify the correct network share path it does not detect that there is a backup Image in the folder.  However if i make a backup to the same directory in the Samba share,  from the same Windows Server using the "backup once" in the "Windows server backup" snap-in GUI tool, the Windows recovery environment detects the backup located in the Samba share as soon as the samba share path and credentials are provided. What am I doing wrong with my command line syntax below that could be causing the issue?

C:\Windows\system32>WBADMIN START BACKUP -backupTarget:\\HOSTNAME\SHARENAME\ -include:c:,d:,f: -systemState -user:HOSTNAME\USER -password:***** -vssCopy -quiet

(I have also tried the -vssFull switch)

Thanks and regards,

Allen

Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Allen,

How are you? I would add just one parameter(-noinheritacl) to your command:

c:\> wbadmin start backup –backupTarget:\\hostname\server -include:c:,d:,f: –systemstate -user:hostname\user -password:******** -noinheritacl - vsscopy -quiet

Let's take a look about the -noinheritacl do:

"-usuario y -contraseña parámetros a \\ <servername> \ <sharename> \WindowsImageBackup\ <ComputerBackedUp> \ (la carpeta que contiene la copia de seguridad)." data-guid="81e4412a-7104-54d9-7af6-c7000fd0c6d2" id="mt79" xml:space="preserve">Applies the access control list (ACL) permissions that correspond to the credentials provided by the -user and -password parameters to \\<servername>\<sharename>\WindowsImageBackup\<ComputerBackedUp>\ (the folder that contains the backup).  To access the backup later, you must use these credentials or be a member of the Administrators group or the Backup Operators group on the computer with the shared folder.  - noInheritAcl , se aplican los permisos de ACL desde la carpeta compartida remota para <ComputerBackedUp>carpeta predeterminada para que cualquier persona con acceso a la carpeta compartida remota puede tener acceso a la copia de seguridad." data-guid="430898f9-66d5-bbab-0dd8-18a597ab54bc" id="mt81" xml:space="preserve">If -noInheritAcl is not used, the ACL permissions from the remote shared folder are applied to the <ComputerBackedUp> folder by default so that anyone with access to the remote shared folder can access the backup."

You can also check,  this article:

Wbadmin start backup: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742083(v=ws.10).aspx

Hope it helps, please let us know your comments.

Regards,

Oscar

- noInheritAcl , se aplican los permisos de ACL desde la carpeta compartida remota para <ComputerBackedUp>carpeta predeterminada para que cualquier persona con acceso a la carpeta compartida remota puede tener acceso a la copia de seguridad." data-guid="430898f9-66d5-bbab-0dd8-18a597ab54bc" id="mt81" xml:space="preserve">

Remigio Oscar Iglesias |MCP 2000|MAP 2009/2010/2011|MCTS SCCM 2007|BlackBerry Trainer|MCTS Exchange 2007|MCTS Active Directory 2008| |MCITP SA WINDOWS 2008|MCTS Windows Server 2008|MCT| E-mail: remigioiglesias@live.com twitter: @remigioiglesias

Saturday, March 1, 2014 6:19 PM