Missing System Restore Items RRS feed

• Question

• Excuse me if this isn't the proper forum for this. I was presented with this link in a response to one of my post on this at ....vista general newsgroup.
    I'm using Vista Basic x32 sp2
    My System Restore dialog on occasions, will be missing the area at, and below the Recommended restore selection. The command buttons
    are ok. The area missing is where one can select 'Choose another restrore point'.
    I haven't made any changes to the allocated space that system restore uses.
    When the System restore is in this state and I click  'Next' I see only 5 or so restore points where as when it's not in this state I see many more
    restore points.
    I haven't installed any new software since the last time I checked to see if it was ok.
    I've posted a couple times on microsoft's newsgroup ....vista.general and I can't even find anyone that has experienced this.
    I'm use AVG Free as my anit-virus software and PcTools Desktop Maestro for system maintenance.
    Would be nice if I could somehow paste an attatchment of a screen capture so you can see what I mean.

Any help will be appreciated
    James
    Monday, November 9, 2009 8:18 PM

All replies

• "The area missing is where one can select 'Choose another restrore point'."

This option is supressed if you are already viewing the complete list of available restore points.

You may wish to increase the space reserved for restore points.
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 3:51 AM