none
Microsoft Word 2007 Spell Checker is not working.

Question

• Hi evryone,

i have a user runing windows Xp professional SP3 and he is a member of the power user group in his machine.

The issue is when that user run microsoft word 2007 or microsoft outlook 2007 the spell checker is not working at all.

I have serach the internet for a solution and find some about proofing tools registery change and stuff and all that didnt work.

I have removed and re install office 2007 professional plus and select to run all from the computer and still the same issue.

One thing i have found that if i run microsoft word 2007 using "Run As" and use my login information the spell checker works and if i close it and run it using the client logins it does not work.

the client is a part of our domain and i to give him admin rights its not an option even installing another spell check software is not an option.

am trying to find witch keys microsoft word required in registry or where its located so maybe i can grant the user permission under that folder in registery.

Note: all the registery changes and word options has been checked annd nothing solve the issue.

Wael S Ikhshiboun MCITP, MCSE , CCNA ....
    Friday, February 18, 2011 7:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try starting Word in Safe mode. Hold down the Ctrl key when you start Word, and keep it pressed until you see the prompt to start in safe mode. Say Yes.

Does spelling work now?

If not, then try Word Options - Resources - Diagnose, and see if you can repair the problem away.

Sincerely,

Harry 

• Proposed as answer by Harry Yuan Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Harry Yuan Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:38 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:15 AM