none
Azure Backup for Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent - vault credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Update for Azure Backup for Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2997692

Quote:

Agent registration flow

Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent must be installed on the server to be protected, and the server has to be registered to a backup vault that was created on the portal. A self-signed certificate was required to register the server. This update improves this experience by letting the user download the vault credentials from the portal instead of by creating a certificate and then uploading it to the portal.

I downloaded the most recent Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent from the Azure portal, version 2.0.8692.0. When go to Management->Online->Register in the DPM 2012 R2 (with UR3) console, I`m prompted for a certificate.

How can I use the vault credentials file downloaded from the Azure portal to register the DPM Server in Azure, rather than using a certificate?

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The vault credentials is not yet implemented in DPM code - you still need to us the certificate until a future update rollup enables the new flow.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by scripter42 Monday, October 13, 2014 12:23 PM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 9:17 PM