Where on Technet are the Language Packs for Vista 64 Enterprise? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all...

Maybe I'm just missing this, but...

Here at the U, we have a campus site license for "Vista Enterprise".   Some of our students would like to have a non-English language pack installed.

But I can not find hide nor hair of a Language Pack installer on Technet.

Any idea where I should be looking for this for Vista Enterprise?

Thanks!

- Steve
    Monday, January 26, 2009 8:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:13 PM
  •  

Yes, you can go to Control Panel – Windows Update – Check for updates – View available updates – select the MUI you want and install it.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:28 AM
  • I'm not seeing these for Vista *Enterprise* if I "check for updates" 

If I go to Windows Update, there are no language updates.  My understanding has always been that Vista *Ultimate* would present these Language Packs  through W.U. -- but not "Enterprise".

How do I find the updates for "Enterprise"?

The URL above says "contact my system administrator for information about installing additional languages".   Well, I'm a system admin, and I have no clue how you get these for Vista Enterprise.  ;-)

Can somebody point me in the right direction?   Are they *not* on Technet?   Even with my "Technet Plus" subscription, I'm not finding them.

Anybody know?
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:07 PM
  • It's possible that someone has set those updates (language packs) to 'hidden' previously.
    Have you tried selecting 'show hidden updates' in Windows Update?

<edit>
    Found the info that you're looking for.  Apparently, in Enterprise, languages aren't installed via WU:
    http://thelazyadmin.com/blogs/thelazyadmin/archive/2007/04/18/vista-language-packs.aspx
    <edit>

HTH,
    Chris

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Friday, January 30, 2009 1:10 AM