none
Inseting text centered above or below the split in a task RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Pro 2010 non server.

I have a summary task that started on 6/1/2012, is complete through 1/14/2013, work resumes on 6/10/2013 and ends on 1/14/2013.  I have some text that I would like to add above or below the split (explaining the split).  I can select the split part of the bar but cannot add any text to the bar.  If I add the text to the protion of the bar that allows me to add text the text is not centered over the split portion.  Can someone please advise if this can be done or is there a way to add a text box in the gantt chart.

Many thanks in advance for you help.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:12 PM

Answers

• BlueAngel42 --

As you have already discovered, Microsoft Project 2010 does not allow you to add bar text to the split part of the Gantt bar.  This is by design, and is not a bug.  The best you can do is to display text above or below the bar itself.  An alternative, if you are willing to do the work, is to use the drawing tools found on the Drawing pick list button on the right end of the Formatting ribbon.  You could use a combination of a Text Box and an Arrow to point to the split portion of the Gantt bar to explain the reason.

Also, you posted your question in a public user forum dedicated to the Project Online software.  In the future, I would recommend you post your questions about Microsoft Project 2010 desktop in the Project Standard and Professional General Questions user forum.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, June 6, 2013 9:57 AM