none
Crashes in Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Project 2013 random and frequent crashes are a major show-stopper for our project managers and estimators. Researching the blogs and forums, pertaining to MS Project, this is a long-standing problem reported by thousands of Project 2013 users.  Nevertheless, there does NOT appear to be any solution, fix, etc.  HELP!
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:53 PM

All replies

• I don't know anything about the environment that you are installing the MSP software on, or the caliber of your IT department, or what your MSP users are trying to do with it, but I have worked in several private companies and universities which have MSP2013 installed all over the place, and it is not a very common problem at all.
    Friday, March 30, 2018 1:13 AM
  • Thanks for your feedback.  We are very confident in our IT environment, laptops, desktops, IT support, etc.  We use Project 2013 mainly with our desktops and Office 2016.  Project users are highly experienced project mangers, program manager, general manager, etc.

All of our experienced Project 2013 users are frustrated with Project 2013 because of the frequent crashes. We continue to trouble-shoot each crash and can discern to logical pattern.

Check out the forums and blogs that concentrate on Project users.  You will learn about the systemic, pandemic of crashes in Ms Project 2013.  Microsoft support has no answers or solutions to this widespread vulnerability.  Dr. Bill

• Edited by DrBill_PMP Friday, March 30, 2018 2:44 AM
    Friday, March 30, 2018 2:44 AM
  • No mention of updates. Most common problem is Project, Office and Windows not being updated.

I've found Project 2013 pretty good, but always have latest updates.

When sharing files with other users I've found it important that all users are fully updated and on same build. That's for Project and all Office apps.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book and VBA developer.
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Friday, March 30, 2018 3:11 AM