none
Install Adobe Acrobat DC Pro using MDT? RRS feed

• Question

• HI Everyone. I've tried so many different methods over the last day that I'm not even going to bother figuring out what they are to list them.  I'm trying to use the download from the Adobe Licensing Website which our licensing are registered under (licensing.adobe.com) and I'm having no success at all.  I know the initial prompt when you install the installer is that it asks for trial or subscription OR serial number which I'm not going to enter during deployment as my MDT environment serves multiple clients that would use this.  I'm not sure if there is a way around this or not.  Looking for help.  Thanks.

Friday, June 10, 2016 2:51 PM

All replies

• Havent done DC, but I assume you have an MSI, a transform and a MSP file? That's how I do 10 and 11. I cant imagine much else has changed. Use a VM for testing. That way you can snapshot, test, revert, test, revert, test revert till you nail the syntax.

For 10 I use:

msiexec.exe /qb- /l*vx %LogPath%\AcroRead.log REBOOT=ReallySuppress UILevel=67 ALLUSERS=2 /i AcroRead.msi PATCH="\\MDT\ProductionShare$\Applications\Adobe Reader 10.1.4\AdbeRdrUpd10113.msp" TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst"
    SEE ALSO: 
    https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/WizardDC/

You will most likely need to create a transform using the wizard. Perhaps make different transforms for different client and call them dynamically via the MDT lite touch menu?

• Edited by MDT Guy Friday, June 10, 2016 3:15 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

You must use the Adobe cloud package manager tool to create the package for unattended install. Then use the msiexec to install your programs silently using MDT.

More info:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creating-packages.html

Note that if you are only deploying Acrobat DC, it is easier to use the sources files from the exceptions folder and use Adobe customization wizard to create a package for silent install.

signatureforums

Friday, June 10, 2016 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

You must use the Adobe cloud package manager tool to create the package for unattended install. Then use the msiexec to install your programs silently using MDT.

More info:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creating-packages.html

Note that if you are only deploying Acrobat DC, it is easier to use the sources files from the exceptions folder and use Adobe customization wizard to create a package for silent install.

signatureforums

I did find this earlier but this isnt' a cloud package.  This is a TLP (basically volume license) package from the Adobe Licensing Portal.  Does that matter?
    Friday, June 10, 2016 4:15 PM
  • For 10 I use:

msiexec.exe /qb- /l*vx %LogPath%\AcroRead.log REBOOT=ReallySuppress UILevel=67 ALLUSERS=2 /i AcroRead.msi PATCH="\\MDT\ProductionShare$\Applications\Adobe Reader 10.1.4\AdbeRdrUpd10113.msp" TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst"
    SEE ALSO: 

You will most likely need to create a transform using the wizard. Perhaps make different transforms for different client and call them dynamically via the MDT lite touch menu?

Okay I tried this locally navigating to the directory with all the files using CMD under admin priv and nothing happened.  This showed up in the event logs:

Windows Installer installed the product.  Product Name: Adobe Acrobat DC. Product Versions: 15.006.30033. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Installation success or errors status: 1602. 

Right before that I had error 11708 in the log stating:

Product: Adobe Acrobat DC -- Installation operation failed.

• Edited by FuzzyReets Friday, June 10, 2016 4:19 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 4:17 PM
  • For 10 I use:

SEE ALSO: 

Okay I tried this locally navigating to the directory with all the files using CMD under admin priv and nothing happened.  This showed up in the event logs:

Windows Installer installed the product.  Product Name: Adobe Acrobat DC. Product Versions: 15.006.30033. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Installation success or errors status: 1602. 

Right before that I had error 11708 in the log stating:

Product: Adobe Acrobat DC -- Installation operation failed.

Are you referring to reader or a Pro version?  I have no problem with reader.

Friday, June 10, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Yes, because you have two ways to get Acrobat DC (Included in creative cloud or as a standalone product).

If you use standalone installer, customize it with Adobe Customization Wizard DC. You'll configure the serial number, unattend settings... Then you deploy it with just setup.exe (no parameters required thanks to the ini file)

Take a look here

If you use Acrobat from creative cloud, you have to use the cloud packager tool, but this is not the recommended option.

signatureforums

Friday, June 10, 2016 4:21 PM
  • Yes, because you have two ways to get Acrobat DC (Included in creative cloud or as a standalone product).

If you use standalone installer, customize it with Adobe Customization Wizard DC. You'll configure the serial number, unattend settings... Then you deploy it with just setup.exe (no parameters required thanks to the ini file)

Take a look here

If you use Acrobat from creative cloud, you have to use the cloud packager tool, but this is not the recommended option.

signatureforums

That sounds great.  Would you mind sharing the setup.exe command for silent installation? 
    Friday, June 10, 2016 7:11 PM
  • Alright I got it working, however...

So far I've logged into the Adobe Licensing Portal, downloaded Acrobat DC Pro, extracted the files to a folder, created MST then built the MDT application with the command:

setup.exe /sAll /rs /rps /ini setup.ini

This worked fine.  However, after install i start the application and it asks me for an Adobe ID to sign into.  This is not a cloud product but a standalone product.  It will not let me continue without this. How do I fix this?  Thanks.

Friday, June 10, 2016 7:30 PM
  • In fact if you used adobe customization wizard to personalize your install and set unattend (no ui) just run setup.exe (no parameter required).

Using the tool, disable online services

signatureforums

• Proposed as answer by acatic Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:12 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 7:44 PM
  • In fact if you used adobe customization wizard to personalize your install and set unattend (no ui) just run setup.exe (no parameter required).

Using the tool, disable online services

signatureforums

No good.  Still getting this when I open it the first time:

• Edited by FuzzyReets Friday, June 10, 2016 8:14 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 8:14 PM
  • To confirm, Yannick's tip worked for me.  I created the mst with CustWiz and pointed the MDT app config to run setup.exe without any parameters.  Worked right away.  No cloud services nagging me.  Thank you, Yannick!
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:12 PM
  • Yes, whether you plan to deploy DC in device license or as a subscription, use the Acrobat Customization Wizard to create your package. You can either supply the license code in the wizard or leave it blank for an Adobe ID to be used. I've been deploying Acrobat for years and always use the customization wizard to build the package.

Daniel Vega

Friday, February 23, 2018 5:08 PM
  • Hello 

I tried the MSI exact same way you mentioned, but adobe acrobat Dc is not installing . the bdd log shows error =2 

I tried the setup.exe with silnet install all checked is customization tool, but it installs version 2017 instead of 2019 when using MDT.

if I donwlod the folder to  my computer and run setup.exe the version comes up as 2019. Weird issue.

• Edited by Saeidans Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:40 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:39 PM