Unable to add template file in appv sequencer 5.1 through powershell command RRS feed

• Question

• Hello folks,

I read through few links in and found that we can pass parameter -TempleteFilePath to New-Appvsequencerpackage but once the .appv file got created I found that the template which was having few settings didn't replicated to .appv file. I tried manually importing the .appvt file and setting was replicated but not through powershell command. Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:57 AM

All replies

• This is a known issue, and it only affects command line sequencing using the powershell cmdlet.  It does not affect loading the template in by hand using GUI sequencing.

The issue was addressed in the ADK 1703 sequencer, which only helps if you want to sequence on Windows 10 1703 or above.  I do not expect to see a bug fix for the 5.1 sequencer (only security fixes, and then only if you are really lucky).

Tim Mangan MVP for App-V and Citrix CTP Author of AppV books: "PowerShell with App-V 5 (5.1 Edition)", "The Client Book (4.x)" and "OSD Reference Book" (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books )

Monday, October 16, 2017 8:50 PM