Dynamic Security on One Dimension affecting another dimension RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have a cube in which I have 2 geography dimensions, one is GS and one is CMS.  I have a login table that has just the logins in it.  I have a security_gs table that has user logon and gs_country, and then I have security_cms that has user logon and cms_country.

I created my dim user on just the user logon table and added to my cube

I created my factless table on security_cms in my cube.

In the dimenion mapping I selected the country code in the security table with the Dim CMS geography. and joined Dim User to user logon in the security table.

In my role, I did user security within the database, in my cube level dim CMS geography I put the following on the country code attribute:

EXISTS([Dim Cms Geography].[Country].Members,{STRTOSET("[Dim User].[User Logon].&["+Username+"]")},  "Security Country Cms" )

build the cube.  When I browse the cube and select under Dim CMS Geography everything works fine, my security is as it is suppose to be.  But then when I pull that off and bring over GS Geography I get nothing.  Why is the GS dimension not working correctly when it hasn't even been secured on anything?

MS
    Monday, January 23, 2012 4:56 PM

All replies