PowerQuery is not importing the data correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not a native speaker so please forgive me for any mistakes in this text. Well, I'm using powerquery to import different excel sheets to this specific sheet. It works fine to most columns in my file but for a reason that I cannot explain, a few columns come with only zeros on it. It was supposed to appear a certain value but it came with a zero. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I'm not a powerquery expert or even a excel expert so I appreciate any help.
    Thanks.

Monday, January 29, 2018 6:30 PM

Answers

• Hi, If your column has decimal numbers like (0.001), they change these zero since the data type are not correct... but if you can share your file or send us the link we can review it and help you...

Regards

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:11 PM

All replies

• During the "Power Query  Editor", confirm if the "Data Type" of the column are correct, Some times you have Text and Number on the same column and you get some errors.

Kind Regards,

Monday, January 29, 2018 7:59 PM
  • hi, thanks for answering. I've tried that but unfortunally it did not work.
    Monday, February 5, 2018 2:38 PM
  • Hi, If your column has decimal numbers like (0.001), they change these zero since the data type are not correct... but if you can share your file or send us the link we can review it and help you...

Regards

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:11 PM