setting up fresh Upstream - opinion needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

planning new hierarchy...

Want to do it this way:

1. Install WSUS on Server 2012 R2.

2. In order to have clean and light as possible WSUS I will select only Security and Critical Updates.

In products I will select OSes and App in use: W7, W8.1 and  Office 2010-2013.

3. will run first Manual Sync with Microsoft server in order to get only what was selected.

4. will decline all appearing after sync Updates until October 1 2015 considering that all production machines were patched with November's updates and new machines will be installed from the image containing patches of November.

5. Run CleanUp Wizard

6. Will start to add Downstream Servers in Replica mode pointing to my Upstream.

Is this plan looks OK?

Any correction please...

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Sunday, December 20, 2015 3:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Is this plan looks OK?

It looks fine to me.

Besides, the Server Cleanup Wizard need running regularly to keep WSUS server well maintained.

Here is a good guide about how to deploy WSUS:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh852340.aspx

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, December 24, 2015 12:40 AM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Is this plan looks OK?

It looks fine to me.

Besides, the Server Cleanup Wizard need running regularly to keep WSUS server well maintained.

Here is a good guide about how to deploy WSUS:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh852340.aspx

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Thursday, December 24, 2015 12:40 AM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:57 AM
  • Thanks!

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, December 24, 2015 12:41 AM