The only way I can open the RSAT Active Directory Admin Center is with an administrator cmd prompt RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am an administrator on my Windows 10 PC.  If I want to open RSAT Active Directory Admin Center, I have to open a cmd prompt as an administrator and type.  I found the dsac.exe executable and right-clicked and selected run as administrator and nothing happens.

I have Windows 10 Enterprise version installed.

Any suggestions?  I was in the Active Directory Forum and someone suggested I try another forum:

Thursday, May 23, 2019 5:16 PM

All replies

• Glad to hear that you still find a way to open it, from my experience, use the following method:

Try installing RSAT for Windows 10 1809.

To install RSAT on Windows 10 1809, you'll need to perform the following:

Change registry value to "0" for "UseWUServer" at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU.

Then open PowerShell as admin and run the following:

1. Restart-Service wuauserv

2. Get-WindowsCapability -Online -Name RSAT* | Add-WindowsCapability -Online

Besides, if you installed Symantec Endpoint Protection on computer, disable the SysPlant service.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 24, 2019 2:16 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:14 AM
  • Hello Teemo, I tried your suggestion and it did not work.  I still have to use a command prompt to open Active Director Admin Center.

Friday, June 21, 2019 6:33 PM