Replication to secondary site failed: Invalid Public Key & No File Replication Route? RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning all.

My SCCM2012 environment is fairly new, having just been setup last week.  I've spent most of this week trying to figure out why none of the PC's in my secondary site are showing as having the SCCM client, when yesterday I stumbled upon the knowledge that they do have the client, but it's not being reported back to the primary site.

When I look at Monitoring -> Database Replication, it shows "Link Failed" to my secondary site.  When I run the Replication Link Analyzer, it gives me info stating that

a) "Inconsistent public keys can be remediated by initiating a public key transfer between sites [Primary] and [Secondary]"  when I click 'Initiate public key transfer for target site [Secondary] on source site [Primary] it looks like its doing something, but this error never seems to go away.

If I skip that rule and move on in the RLA, I get:

b) File replication route is required for site-to-site communication and the file replication route is missing for site [Primary] on site [Secondary].  Again, I can click the button to fix this, but it doesnt seem to actually fix it.

I have found no information for resolving this via google.

Are there further error logs that will give insight on this that I need to look at & share?

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:04 PM

Answers

• you can try repairing your secondary site.  

Settings ->  sites,  highlight your secondary site,   then at the top of the screen select ' repair secondary site'

• Marked as answer by Joyce L Friday, January 23, 2015 8:38 AM
    Sunday, January 18, 2015 1:13 AM

All replies

• you can try repairing your secondary site.  

Settings ->  sites,  highlight your secondary site,   then at the top of the screen select ' repair secondary site'

• Marked as answer by Joyce L Friday, January 23, 2015 8:38 AM
    Sunday, January 18, 2015 1:13 AM
  • I don't see a 'repair secondary site' option but there is a 'recover secondary site' which seems to be what you were referring to. It looks like it's just going to essentially do a 'repair install'
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:24 PM
  • It looks like running the recover secondary site bit may have done it. Replication status page shows Link Active now, so that's great! Thanks for the tip there!
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:04 PM