Performance Monitor - Remote PC Temperature required RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I work in a digital signage environment, where I have a few servers (2003) and about 130 XP-Pro machines. I frequently use the MS-performance monitor from one of my servers, to watch the behavior of a remote PC (memory and CPU utilization). Of late, I'm starting to push out some HD content. The GPU are working much harder now, thus generating more heat. The remote machines are all tied down with policies and located in scattered locations. As such, its not practical to run the usual crop of environmental utilities, such as speedfan.

Question:

Is there a way to use the MS-Performance monitor, to monitor the various temperature sensors of a remote computer. All servers and remote computers are part of a segmented DOMAIN. Any suggestions are welcome.

• Changed type Nicholas Li Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:08 AM
    Friday, January 21, 2011 2:16 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

It appears this question is related to Windows 2003 Server. Please understand it is System Center Essentials Forum here. Since we have specific forum for Windows 2003 Server related questions and issues, it is recommended that you go to Windows Server Forum for help:

Windows Server Forums

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsserver

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hope you will get satisfactory suggestions there.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:07 AM