none
enabling winodows 10 backup via gpo

Question

• So, I've got the eval of Windows Server 2016. And I'm trying to figure out where in GPO editor (I've already created a GPO for this) I can set the settings for this? I've looked in User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Backup and I don't find it. 

Now this is in Group Policy Editor on the Server (It's pulling the administrative templates out of the central store).  And in the central store I have WindowsBackup.admx.

All *.admx files were copied from the c:\windows\PolicyDefinitions folder on the domain control.

Any ideas? -Michael

Monday, October 10, 2016 12:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by __Michael Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:01 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:54 AM

All replies

• So, I've got the eval of Windows Server 2016. And I'm trying to figure out where in GPO editor (I've already created a GPO for this) I can set the settings for this? I've looked in User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Backup and I don't find it. 

Now this is in Group Policy Editor on the Server (It's pulling the administrative templates out of the central store).  And in the central store I have WindowsBackup.admx.

All *.admx files were copied from the c:\windows\PolicyDefinitions folder on the domain control.

Any ideas? -Michael

Friday, October 07, 2016 11:27 PM
  • Might try over here in group policy forum.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverGP

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, October 08, 2016 2:33 AM
  • Thanks.  Will do.
    Monday, October 10, 2016 12:24 AM
  • You're welcome.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 10, 2016 12:25 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

You should download the related Administrative Templates.

Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53430

And deploying it to your environment:

Step-By-Step: Managing Windows 10 with Administrative templates

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/10/20/step-by-step-managing-windows-10-with-administrative-templates/

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:49 AM
  • Thanks.  But I still don't have UserDataBackup.admx.
    UserDataBackup.admx
    UserDataBackup.admx
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:54 AM
  • Hi,

I should say sorry about the download link I provided in my original reply.

After comparing "Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016" with "Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10", I found that UserDataBackup.admx was not exist under"Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016", you should download through the following link:

Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10                        

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48257

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:26 AM
  • No problem!  I'm still OK to use the templates from the other link too?
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:35 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, you just need to download and extract the file, then replace the PolicyDefentions folder. And copying Windows 10 1511 .admx / .adml files over the existing definitions will not affect the existing GP.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 5:06 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

• Marked as answer by __Michael Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:01 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:54 AM
  • I'm sorry.  I forgot to post.

It's not working the way I would like, but it is working as designed.  So, all is good.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:01 PM