SQL EXPRESS question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When installing /configuring sharePoint to use SQL express..... what can be done to use the SA account   it apperas to be disabled. And it seems you can add logins that are of SA stature  

I use Computer associates Arcserve backup software and when  it tries to open  the SQL  instance that supports share point no matter whcih LOGIN ID that is defined in the SQL   none of then have the permission level or cant get authenticated using Windows  authenticaltion   in order to backup those Sharepoint SQL DB files . My Arcserve also uses SQL 2008 Express and I ahve no problems with my Arcserver being able to backup the instance that  supports Arcserve

ddecoursey@eriecountygov.org

thanks

Monday, December 5, 2011 6:52 PM

Answers

• Not sure this is a SharePoint problem...

Are you getting an error when Arcserve tries to connect to your SQL Express instance?

Have you specified credentials for a user that has appropriate rights into SQL Server (sysadmin server role or db_owner or db_backupoperator database roles).

If the instance is in windows authentication mode you'll need to change it to mixed mode to enable SQL authentication. See How to: Change SQL Server Authentication Mode.

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:37 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 12:13 AM