Refresh, Load, and clear using sftmime or other method RRS feed

• Question

• Could someone please show me how to refresh, load, or clear using sftmime remotely? I created a simple package to deploy to the users PC and execute using a ESD but for Windows 7 PCs with UAC on the package fails because of permissions with a error. What needs to be changed on the server to enable refreshing using this method?  FYI I tried both sftmime and sfttray /refreshall Thanks

Failure on Desktop Configuration Server request to URL {rtsp://appv.X.com:554/} with header {Host: appv.x.com

Content-Type: text/xml

AppV-Op: Refresh

} (rc 16906404-00000917).

Thursday, December 2, 2010 7:26 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately in the new version of App-V you cannot run the commands remotely, well you can but it will refresh the applications for the account that's running the PSEXEC.  So if you're running it with your account on Bob's computer, it won't refresh Bob's applications.  I wish this wasn't the case, it would be a lot easier for support reasons if I could refresh someone's apps.  You can setup the server to automatically refresh the client every x minutes.  That might be your best bet.

You can run a few sftmime commands remotely, if they are the global commands, but just not for the current logged in user.

The list of commands - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc817090.aspx

• Proposed as answer by thenning Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by VienLu Friday, December 31, 2010 6:12 PM
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:26 AM

All replies