none
Exchange Server denied email from remote user of Mantis Bug Tracker System

Question

• Hi ,

I just have installed Mantis Bug Tracker for IT Helpdesk Project on Win7 x86. It joined Server by LDAP authentication. Mantis configuration is working well .

But i have problem when i connect Mantis to my Exchange Server. Mantis can not send message to Exchange Server

I have checked Event Log on Exchange Server as below:

Inbound authentication failed with error LogonDenied for Receive connector Default LABEX01. The authentication mechanism is Login. The source IP address of the client who tried to authenticate to Microsoft Exchange is [IP address].

I did search google about it and i tried everything : create Recieve connector, firewall already turn off

But i still receive this error, my Mantis system can not send email to Exchange. Please help me to fix this problem

Thanks

Henry

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:15 AM

All replies

• Create a new receive connector, verify the Mantis are configured to use a common authentication method with the correct credential. Configure the receive connector to use your SSL certificate. 

Or you can try by enabling 'anonymous relay' on this receive connector with bind to specific Mantis IP address.

New-ReceiveConnector -Name "Anonymous Relay" -Usage Custom -AuthMechanism ExternalAuthoritative -PermissionGroups ExchangeServers -Bindings <Mantis IP>:25

Thanks,

PK

LinkedIn:    Facebook:   

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

That error message indicates authentication error about communication between Exchange Server and Mantis Bug Tracker. Try the following method to check this issue:

On Receive connector Default LABEX01, under security tab, check "Externally secured" and "Anonymous users"

If this works, then create a new indicated receive connector for Mantis Bug Tracker. And check the tabs above.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj673037(v=exchg.150).aspx

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Hi, trung751581

Are the suggestions above helpful for you? If you have any other problems, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 2:49 AM