Administrator passcode lockout RRS feed

• Question

• I have an administrator account and a regular user account for my wife.  On bootup, it shows icons of both of our accounts.  When I click on mine, it says "The User Profile Service service failed the logon.  User profile cannot be loaded."  (This just started today after 3 years).  I can easily jump on her account, but anytime I try to do anything requiring my administrator password, it will not take.  Which is the best way to reset the administrator password and revive the main account?
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please refer to the following KB artical to resolve your issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Friday, November 12, 2010 5:57 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by mdionjr Friday, November 19, 2010 3:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by mdionjr Friday, November 19, 2010 3:09 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by mdionjr Friday, November 19, 2010 3:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Carey FrischMVP Monday, November 22, 2010 12:26 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 6:53 AM

All replies

• 1. Log on to an alternate administrator account (not your regular administrator accout) on the computer. Click on the "Start" button, then choose "Control Panel" and then "User Accounts."

2. Choose "Manage another account." You should see the account for which you need to reset the password. Click on it.

3. Select "Change password." Type in the new password twice and add a password hint that will help you remember your password. Click on the "Change password" button. You have now reset your password.

Resetting Your Password Via a Password Reset Disc

1. Type in any password at the logon screen. Windows will alert you that the password is incorrect. Click on OK. You should now see the "Reset password" option. Click it.

2. Insert your Windows reset disk or flash drive. The Password Reset wizard will appear. Click on "Next," then select the drive that contains the reset media.

3. Type in your new password twice and add a password hint that will help you remember the password. Click on "Next," then "Finish." You have now reset your password.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 10:43 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to the following KB artical to resolve your issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Friday, November 12, 2010 5:57 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by mdionjr Friday, November 19, 2010 3:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Carey FrischMVP Monday, November 22, 2010 12:26 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 6:53 AM