We are installing AutoCAD 2015 and need to tweek the registry. RRS feed

• Question

• We are installing AutoCAD 2015 on Windows 10 computer. Unfortunately, there are some bugs in the AutoCAD package that show up in Windows 10 and a "fix" that requires updating the Registry. It says to "set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1."

I have been able to get all the way to "Fusion" but I don't see anything there that says "EnableLog" and I don't know how to set (DWORD) (or what DWORD is for that matter) to 1.

Some plain English directions to help get through this would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, November 20, 2015 9:38 PM

Answers

• Have you tried to contact AutoDesk for assistance with their program?

I would strongly suggest that you back up your registry first before performing any changes to it by clicking on File then select Export. Create a name for it then click on Save.

Next, go to the key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion then follow the next steps:

1. Right-click on Fusion

2. Mouse over New then click on DWORD (32bit) Value.

3. Type !EnableLog into the box on the right side.

4. Double-click on the new DWord and change the Value Data from 0 to 1.

5. Click on OK to save your selection and close the registry.

Restart your computer and verify that this resolved your problem. If not, I would suggest that you contact AutoDesk for further assistance with their product.

Bruce Wooding Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

• Edited by Bruce Wooding Saturday, November 21, 2015 12:02 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:31 AM
    Saturday, November 21, 2015 12:02 AM
  • As well as Bruce's suggestions make sure AutoCAD is updated/latest service packs are applied. See here: Windows 10 and .NET 4.6 support for Autodesk products

Autodesk 2013–2015 Products
    Further testing of Autodesk 2013–2015 products is required to determine compatibility with Windows 10. Please note the following product-specific details:

The English language versions of AutoCAD 2015 and AutoCAD-based verticals should be installable if you have received the Windows 10 update, KB3081448 or later.

-

Hessam
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

Monday, November 23, 2015 7:55 AM

All replies

• Have you tried to contact AutoDesk for assistance with their program?

I would strongly suggest that you back up your registry first before performing any changes to it by clicking on File then select Export. Create a name for it then click on Save.

Next, go to the key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion then follow the next steps:

1. Right-click on Fusion

2. Mouse over New then click on DWORD (32bit) Value.

3. Type !EnableLog into the box on the right side.

4. Double-click on the new DWord and change the Value Data from 0 to 1.

5. Click on OK to save your selection and close the registry.

Restart your computer and verify that this resolved your problem. If not, I would suggest that you contact AutoDesk for further assistance with their product.

Bruce Wooding Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

• Edited by Bruce Wooding Saturday, November 21, 2015 12:02 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:59 AM
    Saturday, November 21, 2015 12:02 AM
  • As well as Bruce's suggestions make sure AutoCAD is updated/latest service packs are applied. See here: Windows 10 and .NET 4.6 support for Autodesk products

Autodesk 2013–2015 Products
    Further testing of Autodesk 2013–2015 products is required to determine compatibility with Windows 10. Please note the following product-specific details:

The English language versions of AutoCAD 2015 and AutoCAD-based verticals should be installable if you have received the Windows 10 update, KB3081448 or later.

-

Hessam
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

Monday, November 23, 2015 7:55 AM