none
Can't Access Any Website on IE11 desktop mode RRS feed

• Question

• So about a month ago I went on my computer like usual. I opened up steam and proceeded to play tf2, but it had to update. I noticed there was no progress, so I opened up Google Chrome and I got this error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. This was only happening to my computer as every other device in the house worked perfectly fine. I called my isp like 10 times and scoured the internet on my phone looking for a fix. NONE WORKED. I soon got pissed and uninstalled Chrome but of course IE 11 doesn't work either(this webpage can't be displayed). For some strange reason, the app version of IE(I'm on Windows 8.1) works perfectly fine. My computer shouldn't be like this. I'm desperate for help to solve this bs issue. ANYONE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PLEASE. I'M LIMITED TO APP IE 11 AND I WAN'T TO BE ABLE TO PLAY TF2 AND USE THE DESKTOP VERSION OF IE(AND TO USE CHROME) AGAIN. IDK IF THIS IS A DNS ISSUE OR A COMPUTER ISSUE. PLEASE PROVIDE NEW FIXES AS I'VE TRIED PRETY MUCH EVERY ONE ON THE INTERNET. THANKS.                
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi SushiPaste,

Please open an administrator command line and run "ipconfig /flushdns" to refresh the dns cache then have a check.
    If the issue persists, please try the following command line to reset the TCP/IP stack.

nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)
    Reboot

To ensure the safety of the system, please perform a full scan with an antivirus software considering the issue only occurred with the specific machine.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:37 AM