Messed up my fonts in PS window RRS feed

• Question

• I am very, very new to Powershell. I have been playing around with beginners tutorials and changed the look of the screen. Now the various color changes don't work. Not sure what the name is for this. When the color changes to help distinguish the different objects as your typing has stopped working. How do I fix?

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:19 PM

All replies

• It all depends on what you did to make those changes. Did you modify your profile file with code, did you just open a PS console and try the code there? What did you do for the beginners tutorial?

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. (99,108,97,121,109,97,110,50,64,110,121,99,97,112,46,114,114,46,99,111,109|%{[char]$_})-join''

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:32 PM
  • Just exit PowerShell and the changes will be gone.

It you added this to your profile just remove the items.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:00 PM
  • If you are asking about the console settings and not the PsReadline settings thenjust delete the contents of the following registry key..

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\%SystemRoot%_System32_WindowsPowerShell_v1.0_powershell.exe

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:03 PM
  • Okay, I don't remember ever doing anything with the psreadline, but it seems to be missing. 
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:46 PM
  • You say you "messed up" your fonts. I don't remember any technical method having to do with "messing up fonts".  Do you have any documentation on how you learned to do this?  WHat methods did you use to do this?

Remember that this is not an end user help desk.  This is a technical forum which assumes you are technically trained in Windows. 

Without any knowledge about how you performed this "messing up" trick there is no way to know how to answer you.

If you are not a trained tech or are a home user then you really need to post your issue here: http://answers.microsoft.com Thiat is the link for end user GUI help.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 9:13 PM