none
Technet Wiki Voting System RRS feed

• General discussion

• Nicely put pituach.

I'd put it like this...

This is a search for quality contributions to the technical community.

The best place for Microsoft related technical contributions is of course Microsoft's TechNet Wiki.

Articles are judged on quality and content.

The best people to judge layout and quality of submissions are those on the TechNet Community Council.

The best people to judge technical content are the actual Microsoft employees who lead or work on the technologies.

For every category we have five judges. There are actually 2-4 full time Microsoft employees (FTEs) for each category.

We have been adding more FTEs each month, and are proud to boast some real big hitters within Microsoft.

To be selected when in a busy category is therefore something to be very proud about.

Also, it's worth pointing out that this closed voting system also means there is no chance of anyone using "alt accounts" to boost their own votes.

Thanks again for all the contributions so far. We are building up an amazing library of technical solutions and learning who the real players are in this community!

Regards,
    Pete

#PEJL

Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to the one and only TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again!

If you are a member of any user groups, please make sure you list them in the Microsoft User Groups Portal. Microsoft are trying to help promote your groups, and collating them here is the first step.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:13 PM

All replies

• What is the purpose of this post? I do not see any questions or "topics" for discussions?

- Tord

Monday, October 28, 2013 12:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Kalman split the thread. He suggested originally to let everyone from the community to vote for the TechNet Guru articles, there were some arguments against this idea and for some reason he picked up one of the latest posts to create a new thread.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, October 28, 2013 4:44 PM
  • Kalman split the thread. He suggested originally to let everyone from the community to vote for the TechNet Guru articles, there were some arguments against this idea and for some reason he picked up one of the latest posts to create a new thread.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Well he split off an FYI message from Pete/XAML guy that explains the judging process. So this is more of a Discussion than a Question.

And we purposefully gave it judges. In my experience, letting the community vote on something just turns it into a popularity contest and then people with the most blog readers or Twitter followers win, not the people with the best content. But having people who work on the actual product/technology judge it gives the contest more credibility, in my opinion.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, November 11, 2013 8:50 AM
    Owner
  • I don't think anyone will use their alternate account to boost their votes,Microsoft enough smart to detect these type of activities also this is the community each and every one is come here to contribute instead of earning something.
    Friday, November 14, 2014 4:01 AM