none
I cannot see the 'Desktop Experince' in the 'Add role and Feature Wizard'

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add a desktop experience to my server 2012 data-center but when I go to the add role and feature wizard, I cannot see the Desktop Experience option there even under 'user interfaces and infrastructure' can anybody help me please. Thanks in advance.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I am trying to add a desktop experience to my server 2012 data-center but when I go to the add role and feature wizard, I cannot see the Desktop Experience option there even under 'user interfaces and infrastructure' can anybody help me please. Thanks in advance.

Friday, October 11, 2013 2:11 PM
  • Did you install core or full of the operating system? 

.:|:.:|:. tim

Friday, October 11, 2013 6:55 PM
  • I think it is Full but I am not sure, is there a way I could Confirm this?
    Friday, October 11, 2013 7:26 PM
  • It says:

Display Name                                                                       Name                               Install State

[ ] Remote Desktop Services                                        Remote-Desktop-Services           Available

Monday, October 14, 2013 1:45 PM
  • Can you provide a picture on what your seeing?  Also, can you describe what choices you do have under "User Interfaces and Infrastructure" and if any say "installed"?  

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Monday, October 14, 2013 2:24 PM
  • The website is not letting me to add images for some reason. Anyway, all I can see under the "User Interfaces and Infrastructure"is Graphical Management Tools and Infrastructure (Installed) and Server Graphical Shell (Installed)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Monday, October 14, 2013 6:01 PM
  • Issue the command Get-WindowsFeature *gui*

You should see this in the results returned:

[x] Server Graphical Shell       Server-Gui-Shell    Installed

If not, you need to have that installed.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Monday, October 14, 2013 11:56 PM
  • It has been Installed!
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:54 AM
  • Do you anybody knows an answer to this? I still can't see the 'Desktop Experience' option
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Try this command :

Install-WindowsFeature User-Interfaces-Infra -IncludeAllSubFeature

Which should install all entries under the User Interfaces class.  I'm honestly not sure why you're not seeing this currently.

What version of Windows is this?  Run this command too : gwmi Win32_OperatingSystem | Select -Property Caption, Version

If this post was helpful, please vote up or 'Mark as Answer'! More of this sort of thing at www.foxdeploy.com

Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:18 PM
  • I am not sure either. Anyway I did mentioned what version of window it is. It is  Window Server 2012 Datacenter
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:35 PM

• this is what I am seeing after putting the command in
    • Edited by spike14 Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:02 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:52 PM