Using variables to put in BeginDate and EndDate of Auto Response into the text of the automated response RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I'm dealing with a question that I did not find any answer to on the internet.

I would like to automatically put the begin date and end date of the Outlook Auto Response into the message the other party will receive when sending me an e-mail in the determined period.

This will help me not to change the message itself everytime I am using the Auto Response of Outlook as my company asks its employees to tell the relation when we are available again.

So the message is like:

Dear relation, I'm currently out of office. I will return on 22nd of August 2018.

I would like to have it like:

Dear relation, I'm currently out of office. I will return on %EndDateSetInAutoResponder%.

Does anybody know, how to help me out?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

BBloem

Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi BBloem,

I am afraid currently there is no way to realize this requirement :( 

If you have further concern on this feature and would like to see it in the future version of Outlook, it is encouraged to share your idea in the Outlook UserVoice forum. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Outlook for Windows. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 10, 2018 6:26 AM
  • Hi BBloem,

Just checked in to see if you have seen my reply above. If the post above was helpful, could you please mark it as answer so that others who might have a similar issue can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support :)

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 17, 2018 2:03 AM