Can SCM be used to import into a GPO RRS feed

• Question

• I have some settings that I want to setup in a GPO but  they don't exist, an example is Safe DLL Search Mode (MSS: SafeDllSearchMode). 

If I use SCM to set this up, import my GPO into SCM and then add the setting to it, how do I get that setting back into the GPO for Active Directory to use it for pushing out the GPO?

Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:01 PM

All replies

• I am looking for the same answer. I imported and merged some AD GPOs using SCM and exported the combined GPO from SCM. I go into GPMC, create a new  GPO and  tried to run both "Import Settings" and "Restore from backup".

"Restore from backup" says "backup not found" in the directory I gave it. "Import settings" shows the GPO after giving it the directory with the exported GPO. At the "Scanning Backup" step it says that the Backup contains references to Security Principals and I should specify how the wizard should translate these references. I even created a migration table, but at the final step it says "GPO: <Description> Failed" followed by "The data is invalid"

This might work for you though @KHanley if you don't have user rights assignment and security identifier stuff in your GPO.

• Proposed as answer by SunilM Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:11 AM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:10 AM