Tooltips? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Are tooltips possible in PAS standard?  For example, if a description or annotation was added to the cube for a measure or dimension attribute, hovering over this attribute or measure in PAS (in the grid) would pop up a tooltip with that description or annotation?
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi! This is related to what AS2000 and SSAS2005. Their is actually a hidden description property for measure, dimensions and attributes in SSAS2005, I have tried the ProClarity releases since 6.1 but the support for this is nonexisting( If I am wrong please excuse me).

From memory I recall that the first versions of ProClarity supporting AS2000 did suppor/showed this property.

Measures have no member properties in AS2000 and SSAS2005.

BR

Thomas Ivarsson

Friday, February 8, 2008 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi! This is related to what AS2000 and SSAS2005. Their is actually a hidden description property for measure, dimensions and attributes in SSAS2005, I have tried the ProClarity releases since 6.1 but the support for this is nonexisting( If I am wrong please excuse me).

From memory I recall that the first versions of ProClarity supporting AS2000 did suppor/showed this property.

Measures have no member properties in AS2000 and SSAS2005.

BR

Thomas Ivarsson

Friday, February 8, 2008 6:15 PM
  • As Thomas has mentioned ProClarity does not display the measure description.  This is a feature request that has come in several times, but has unfortunately not made the cut for the product development team.  The chart will expose member properties as a tooltip, but the grid does not contain this functionality.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:40 PM