Microsoft office 2010 PC version compatibility issues with Windows 2008 for Mac?? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to determine whether there is a possibility of format changes/compatibility issues when sending an excel document (or any document, really) from a PC running Windows 7, to a MAC running Windows 2008.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 8:42 PM

Answers

• you mean If someone sends ya Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file or any doc file send to mac pc  would it open in mac or not ?

Open and save Microsoft Office files. Open Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file, in iWork

for more info

http://www.apple.com/iwork/compatibility/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:06 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 10:28 PM
  • I am trying to determine whether there is a possibility of format changes/compatibility issues when sending an excel document (or any document, really) from a PC running Windows 7, to a MAC running Windows 2008.

I presume that you mean whether there are compatibility issues between files generated from the Excel in Office 2010 (PC) and Mac Office 2008.

I have no personal experience with it. However, Office 2008 for the Mac is supposed to be 100% file compatible with Office 2007 (PC). I believe that Office 2010 uses the same file formats as Office 2007.

The 64 bit version of Excel in Office 2010 (PC) can handle much larger files than the 32 bit version of Excel, so that might be an issue. Few people use the 64 bit version, though.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:02 PM

All replies

• you mean If someone sends ya Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file or any doc file send to mac pc  would it open in mac or not ?

Open and save Microsoft Office files. Open Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file, in iWork

for more info

http://www.apple.com/iwork/compatibility/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, May 20, 2011 10:28 PM

I presume that you mean whether there are compatibility issues between files generated from the Excel in Office 2010 (PC) and Mac Office 2008.

I have no personal experience with it. However, Office 2008 for the Mac is supposed to be 100% file compatible with Office 2007 (PC). I believe that Office 2010 uses the same file formats as Office 2007.

The 64 bit version of Excel in Office 2010 (PC) can handle much larger files than the 32 bit version of Excel, so that might be an issue. Few people use the 64 bit version, though.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:02 PM
  • If you are not sure, you can confirm it with Office support professional.

TechNet Office Forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/word/threads

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:32 AM