none
Task, Timesheet line and TimeSheet approvals RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need some idea about Tasks , TimeSheet Line and Timesheet.

Tasks are submitted for Status manager approval (that  is fine)

Timesheet gets submitted to Timesheet manager (Perfect)

Timesheet lines go to Status manager, why does this occur? how can I disable this?

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, March 15, 2015 5:38 PM

Answers

• I came across this Link during my search and I do agree to the observations.

http://www.msprojectnow.com/Blog/tabid/142/entryid/783/Project-Server-2013-Timesheet-Status-Mismatch.aspx

Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Syed,

You have to tell us which version of Project Server do you have and if you have Single Entry Mode enabled.

Then what is the difference for you between task and timesheet line?

Once SEM activated, the team member has project tasks and admin tasks in his timesheet. Once timesheet submitted, project tasks go for approval to status managers (if more than 1 project) and/then (depending on the timesheet settings) ALL lines (task & admin lines) go to the timesheet manager.

Based on your version and configuration, it could be more complex than this. Please give us détails and we will help you out.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Sunday, March 15, 2015 9:20 PM
  • Hi,

I am using Project Server 2013, and SEM is no active in my scenario. 

Monday, March 16, 2015 9:14 AM
  • What do you mean by "Timesheet lines go to Status manager"?

Do you mean that the status manager also receives for approval the administrative lines (not project activities)?

Hope this helps,

Monday, March 16, 2015 9:21 AM
  • By Timesheet Lines go to Status Manager I meant that the person assigning the resource to tasks and if those tasks are submitted in timesheet, I am able to see the Timesheet LineItems (Tasks included in timesheet) in approvals for the Status Manager

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:07 AM
  • If the SEM is not activated, this should not happen. Are you sure that the user hasn't also submitted his tasks updates for the status manager?

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:21 AM
  • I came across this Link during my search and I do agree to the observations.

http://www.msprojectnow.com/Blog/tabid/142/entryid/783/Project-Server-2013-Timesheet-Status-Mismatch.aspx

Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:37 AM