Windows 7 Sidebar Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get the gadgets on my computer to display every time I start Windows, but I keep having to add them in manually everytime I log in.  I opened msconfig, and there is not listing for the sidebar.exe application.  I have also noticed that I am unable to search for the sidebar from the search bar.  It seems like the only way for me to locate it is by going into the program files.  According to the task manager, the application does seem to be running, but I'm having trouble getting it to keep the gadgets, and load them on startup.  I am running Windows 7 64-bit. 

I have read and attempted to fix this problem by making the suggested changes to the registry, and by checking the msconfig.  Seeing as the sidebar program is really nowhere to be found on my laptop its leading me to believe it should be reinstalled or something.  If so, does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

I'd really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to Confirm whether the Hotfix is already installed. It is integrated in SP1.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963010

Also, please check if the sidebar.exe is listed in startup items list.

Best regards,
    Della Li

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:23 AM
  • I did what the website said to do.  All entries went through command prompt successfully, but the problem hasn't been fixed.  Also, sidebar.exe is not listed in the startup items list. 

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:43 PM