Sharepoint List Filter to return the most recent date for project location RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for a way to filter a SharePoint list view to see only the most recent engagement date for each project location. I know you can create a filter to show the most recent date overall by sorting the engagement date in a descending fashion and setting  the item limit to '1', but I need to see the most recent date for each area.

e.g.

Office 1 | Max engagement Date

Office 2 | Max engagement Date

Office 3 | Max engagement Date

Does anyone know how I could do this?  Thank you.

Friday, March 11, 2016 4:29 AM

Answers

• Actually, I grouped by the Office Location and I have the most recent date displaying for each in the grouped view.  Is a shame the batch display controls can't be removed but I guess it will have to do, other than creating separate views for each location.
    • Marked as answer by brice235i Monday, March 14, 2016 1:34 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 1:34 PM

All replies

• Create Filter with Modified by column, and sort descending fashion and setting  the item limit to '1', I guess it will give u latest modified data.

http://www.abdulazizfarooqi.wordpress.com Abdul Aziz Farooqi [BizTalk & SharePoint Consultant] MCPD Web & MCPD SharePoint 2010

Monday, March 14, 2016 4:33 AM
  • No, that is not what I'm trying to achieve.  I need the max engagement date for 3 locations.  If I do as you say I will get only 1 item returned for the most recent date and not the most recent date for each location.

Office 1 | Max engagement Date

Office 2 | Max engagement Date

Office 3 | Max engagement Date

Monday, March 14, 2016 12:39 PM
  • Actually, I grouped by the Office Location and I have the most recent date displaying for each in the grouped view.  Is a shame the batch display controls can't be removed but I guess it will have to do, other than creating separate views for each location.
    • Marked as answer by brice235i Monday, March 14, 2016 1:34 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 1:34 PM