Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and Shoretel PBX Integeration RRS feed

• Question

• I have Micorosoft Lync Server 2010 installed on my network.  I've got Instant messaging and some other features working, but I would like to have Lync connect with my IP phone system that is from Shoretel.  I've been reading that I need a CSTA Gateway running in the middle of the 2, but have had a hard time figuring out how to do this.  Who makes the CSTA Gateway?  And once I have a CSTA Gateway, how do I configure Lync and Shoretel to talk to it?

So here are my questions:

Who makes the CSTA Gateway?

- Is the CSTA Gateway hardware or software?

- Where do I buy this CSTA Gateway or download it from?

How do I connect Lync 2010 to talk to the CSTA Gateway?

How do I connect Shoretell PBX to talk to the CSTA Gateway?

Friday, December 16, 2011 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Jay,

You will need a Lync-certified voice gateway instead of a CSTA gateway.

CSTA gw is required for Remote Call Control (RCC) scenarios, where you control PBX desk phones on your Lync client and share the presence information between the two systems.

You can see the list of certified gateways at the Lync OIP site.

Turgay

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, December 19, 2011 10:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:33 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 11:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Jay,

You will need a Lync-certified voice gateway instead of a CSTA gateway.

CSTA gw is required for Remote Call Control (RCC) scenarios, where you control PBX desk phones on your Lync client and share the presence information between the two systems.

You can see the list of certified gateways at the Lync OIP site.

Turgay

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, December 19, 2011 10:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:33 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 11:02 PM
  • ShoreTel offers the CSTA Server software you need to integrate with Microsoft's Remote Call Control (RCC) capabilities. Our CSTA Server software loads on a ShoreTel DVS or App Server platform. Please contact your ShoreTel reseller for ordering and pricing information, and feel free to email me directly for additional details. - Kurt Kruger, Mgr Integration Products, kkruger@shoretel.com.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:28 PM
  • Is the CSTA Server compatible with 2010 versions (Office 2010, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, etc.), or does it still require Office 2007? The literature on ShoreTel's website very clearly still says Office 2007 (http://media.shoretel.com/documents/SOLUTION_MS+UC.pdf ). We moved to Office 2010 and Exchange 2010 for nearly two years ago. 

-Pam

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:10 PM