none
Internal DNS vs external DNS conflict RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We have a website ex:domain.com registered in a web provider with a DNS service.

In the configuration of the provider's DNS I was able to redirect a subdomain(ex: sub.domain.com) to a internal server on our network.

Now I am able to access the server from the internet outside my network but not the internal one.

I tried to add in Windows server 2012 a new zone(domain.com) and a new local host A (sub.domain.com) but with this config enabled it stopped funcioning, on the internal network, our website and other services domain.com.

I was thinking changing the hosts file of all computers but it is not the best solution.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Victor,

>>I tried to add in Windows server 2012 a new zone(domain.com) and a new local host A (sub.domain.com) but with this config enabled it stopped funcioning, on the internal network

Did you mean that you created A records of new zone and sub zone and then other clients could not query FQDN of domain to DNS server?

Please query A record of new zone on DNS server to check if DNS funtion properly

Please try to run ipconfig /flushdns command on client and DNS server.

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:48 AM