Mail Merge and Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to send out email invites 350 people for a skype session. I have been doing this over mail merge.

Is it possible to use mail merge to send this invite over calendar so that I can get a response o the invite? Also, is there a limit to the number of invites one can send over calendar?

Sangeetha

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Sangeetha,

Based on my knowledge, we cannot use the mail merge to send this invite over calendar.

If you want to sent the Skype meeting invite over the Calendar item, why not consider to directly send a skype meeting in Outlook Calendar instead of using mail merge?

If you insist to use the mail merge for a skype meeting, we can create a skype meeting in Outlook to generate a meeting hyperlink, copy it to Word document for meeting information. Then use the Mail Merge feature to send emails to recipients. However, the meeting will not be added to the recipients' Calendar automatically because the mail merge feature can only send it as mail item instead of Calendar items.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:59 AM