copy profile windows 10 pro 1703 RRS feed

• Question

• copyprofile does not work well anymore with windows 10 pro 1703. After deploying some apps and settings are not working well anymore when logging in as an domain admin or whatever user this was working well in windows 7.

Where can i keep track of such bugs when they are resolved?

freddie

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is known issue if you create an answer file with just the copyprofile=true statement you can create new user profiles (after sysprep) but if the answer file contains any modifications in addition to copyprofile=true then you cannot create a new user profile properly. 

Microsoft has sent this one upstream but states that it may not be fixed until the "Fall Creators Update". While it turns out that the problem lies in trying to login as the local administrator after using the copyprofile=true switch. If an administrator profile exists then creating a new user / profile will fail but if the administrator profile is deleted then creating subsequent users / profiles will be successful. The easiest workaround is to have the unattend.xml answer file create a local administrator named something other than administrator, this way you have admin account from which you can create your new users (either local or domain joined) and their profiles will function properly.

You could keep updating and once repaired, the official blog will be released.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:17 AM
  • Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, October 22, 2017 12:52 PM
  • Hi thanks for the answer, but where can i read the blogs when it is solved?

I do not understand the workaround. The reference image is made in a VMWare workstation virtual machine. I install windows settings and software in audit mode. Audit mode is automatically useing administrator as account. How can i configure such that after deploying logging in with an account that takes over the configured virtual machine?

freddie

Monday, October 23, 2017 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

CopyProfile runs during the specialize configuration pass and should be used after you make customizations to the built-in administrator profile. Using the CopyProfile setting often requires a separate answer file to use when run you generalize a computer by running sysprep.

I have used is to capture my image then mount the image using Dism and emptying the contents of the Inetcache folder for the Default User.  

That's the same thing I've been having before in the link below.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/0881f914-39b6-44d2-97fc-f28ff255ab43/cant-create-new-profiles-after-sysprep?forum=win10itprosetup

Hope it will be helpful to you

Monday, October 23, 2017 1:41 PM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 2:09 PM