none
Capture is removing video card driver RRS feed

• Question

• I have a reference PC that has Windows 7 deployed to it and all the drivers were installed manually. When we run LiteTouch.vbs to capture the image it captures everything with the exception that it is removing the video card driver that was installed. Pre capture the video card driver is an Intel 4600. Post capture the driver is Standard Graphics VGA adapter.  Any idea why the capture is removing the driver and how I can get it to bloody well stop? Without going back to a USB drive to run the capture sequence.
    Friday, April 1, 2016 7:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is expected behavior for sysprep.

Refer to this for how to build reference images.

Use the Total Control method from this blog for drivers

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Friday, April 1, 2016 7:39 PM
  • Actually, I edited the Unattend of the capture sequence to include Windows-PnpSysprep and changed PersistAllDeviceInstalls to True.  I am testing this now to see if the driver install will remain with this change and will post the result.
    Friday, April 1, 2016 8:15 PM
  • I should have said the default behavior is to remove drivers. If that works for you all the best however persisting drivers can be very problematic hence the default.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Friday, April 1, 2016 10:37 PM
  • You are correct Ty.  Persisting drivers was problematic. So, I guess the only option is to launch the Intel Installer as an application after OS deployment.
    Monday, May 2, 2016 7:49 PM
  • You shouldn't have to run a setup program for the Intel video driver if you use the total control method I have linked above.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

• Marked as answer by Daniel Kaliel Tuesday, May 17, 2016 4:58 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 12:02 AM